Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Down in North Carolina-- Saturday and Sunday

SATURDAY, AUGUST 20th

Enjoyed the beach, just across Ocean Drive. We are on what is called The Second Row, meaning the second row of places from the ocean. If the ocean keeps coming in, soon, we might be "in the front row" as Bob Uecker likes to say.

Ate a delicious seafood dinner at the Breezeway Inn in Topsail Beach with flounder, shrimp and scallops. The hushpuppies are the best I've ever had.

Later, Bob, Judy and I took a walk down by New Topsail Inlet at the south end of the island.


SUNDAY, AUGUST 21st

Attended church service at the Emma Anderson Memorial Chapel, unique in that they don't have a regular preacher. but a new one every week. They invite area clergy to speak. In return, they get a cottage for the week.

The associate pastor at Mom's church in Goldsboro, NC, gave the sermon today. I told him it had better be good since I'd come all the way from Illinois to hear it.

Later, I did some shopping and bought a 7-pack of cassette tapes. When I got back, I recorded some Beach Music shows.

Just About Time for a Beach Walk. --RoadDog

No comments: