Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

JSS: The Sealcoater Cometh-- Old Farts-- Half Way There

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. THE SEALCOATER COMETH-- Yesterday, we saw that two other neighbors on our street had sealcoating done as well as two on another street. They were done by the folks we had to ours this past Wednesday, Reliable Sealcoating.

Guess we started something. Stopped on the way out and they said they had gotten twenty homes in our subdivision. Perhaps I should ask for a cut.


2. OLD FARTS-- Boated over to El Puerto on Nippersink Lake yesterday and met up with about twenty retired Round Lake teachers, including two who were starting their first year of the bliss.

Enjoyed renewing old acquaintances out on the deck. Jim M. had taught with me before becoming Liz's principal and later a superintendent of a small nearby district. Jim S. worked with me and has been retired since 1994, the oldest retiree there. Barb B. and Bill E. both are new-retirees. Ruth K. worked with me and retired a year before me.


3. HALF WAY THERE-- Yesterday's boating expedition was our 20th for the season. We're still hoping for 40. Here's hoping Liz takes it out a couple times while I'm gone to North Carolina this next week.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone I wanted to impress the whole day.

No comments: