Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Senioritis Strikes

Not to say I'm getting old or anything...BUT!


WHO STOLE MY WALLET

Yesterday, when I got up, I had a scare where I thought I had lost my wallet somewhere the day before.

When I put on my short pants, there was no familiar impression from the wallet. I reached back and it wasn't there, nor was it on the other side (not likely as the shorts only have one back pocket on the right.

I was starting to panic when I realized I had the shorts on backwards. There the wallet was in front. After I turned them around, the wallet was where it needed to be. Everything was at it should be.


WHO STOLE MY CAR

Even more embarrassing was something that happened before I left for North Carolina.

After seeing "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" I went to Subway in Fox Lake intending to try the new pulled pork sandwich. After I got it, I walked out to the car and put the key in, or should I say, tried to put the key in.

I was driving the new 2011 Malibu and that key would not go in. I also have the key to the old 2003 Malibu, so even tried that one. It still wouldn't open. Then I noticed some scratches by the lock and proceeded to try to rub them off, all the while wondering why those keys wouldn't open the car.

That's when I heard a voice, looked up and saw a woman at the door of the Subway store saying that I wouldn't be able to get into that car because it was hers. That's when I looked closer at the car. Same color, but an import. She said she would be happy to trade cars if I wanted. I apologized and said I'd keep the one I had, then walked over a few spaces to the correct car.

And, the key went right in.

I sure would have been embarrassed if I had gotten arrested for trying to steal that car. What were you arrested for? Stupidity.

In my defense, though, it was the same color and I don't drive the 2011 that often.

Well, That's My Excuse and I'm Sticking to It. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: How many of you like the All-State commercial where Mayhem is the GPS and tells the driver to turn and causes an accident?

No comments: