Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Sorry, No 25 Cent Leinies and Free Hot Dogs for This Anniversary

Today marks Liz and my 38th wedding anniversary (and I counted to make sure). This was one big reason I came back from North Carolina yesterday. Not to have done so would have been too horrible to imagine.

We plan on going boating and later to Donovan's Reef in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, for NTN and our anniversary champagne.

Liz still remembers our 25th anniversary when we went to the Lily Lake Resort in Wisconsin and feasted on free hot dogs and 25 cent Leinenkugel drafts. I never let spending money get in the way of a good observance. I'll probably never live it down either as she told all her friends.

Instead of the dogs and Leinie, we'll have to settle for $3 Italian beefs and buck pints at Donovan's.

Who Says I'm Not Moving Up (to the East Side in a Deluxe Apartment....) --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTHS: I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet that on given Friday or Saturday night, more kisses begin with a Miller Lite than with one of their diamonds. This is kind of appropriate for this blog entry.

1 comment:

~llilly said...

Congratulations. I thought you were going to be riding out the hurricane.