Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 12, 2011

A Bit 'O History for Me Today

This morning, I drove into Round Lake and had breakfast with my old teacher team mate Terri. We worked together for about 24 years. She has four more years to go before retiring. I find it very had to believe that I have been retired for a full five years now. Where does the time fly by to?

She has been back at Magee Middle School in Round Lake where I taught my first 31 years. I was "forced" to leave for my final two years when they closed Magee.

We met at Richard's Chicken on Rollins Road which has been there since at least 1977. Great food and I live their Richard's omelet.

After some shopping, i went to the new Magee Middle School as it prepares to open next week. They were having sixth grade orientation and quite a few of the teachers I used to work with were there. This new building is something else. Had I still been teaching when it reopened, I would have done anything I had to to go back.

My whole team was told to go back. I would have gone even if that meant leaving my team. The district did a great job on the new building.

Afterwards, I went to the Round Lake Ace Hardware, which at one time was the largest Ace Hardware store in the US, and it probably still is. Unfortunately, the high prices and opening of a Home Depot and Menard's about five miles away has really hurt business. When we lived in Round Lake Beach, we went there often.

We live in RLB for 17 years.

A Real Trip Back. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTH: Was learning cursive really necessary.

No comments: