Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Ain't Lollapalooza No More

I reckon when you hit 60, you get to the point you lose your connection to rock and music a little. I certainly have. I even gave up my subscription to Rolling Stone Magazine more years ago than I can remember.

This weekend, starting yesterday, Lollapalooza is playing in Chicago's Grant Park. I'm not going. Never have gone. Doubt that I ever will.

Yesterday, the Chicago Tribune ran a list of all acts. I hadn't heard of most of them.

Here is a list of groups I've even ever heard of:

FRIDAY:

Coldplay-- Rock still lives.

SATURDAY:

Cee Lo Green-- How can you miss that song you hear all over the place, "Forget You' or is it "F___ You?"
Eminem-- I even have one of his CDs.
Big Audio Dynamite

SUNDAY:

Flogging Molly-- I've really gotten to like this group and have about four of their CDs.
The Cars-- Why not?
Arctic Monkeys-- I've heard of one of their songs.
Foo Fighters-- Good music, good name.

So, that's seven performers out of more than 130.

Guess I'm Slipping. --RoadDog


GROANER: Why do gorillas have big nostrils? Because they have big fingers. (And, you're suggesting...?)

No comments: