Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Paul McCartney's Playlist: Wrigley Field July 31st-- Part 1

You know me and how I can't resist lists. From the August 1st Chicago tribune.

The high ticket prices and the fact it was in rip-off city, Chicago, kept us from going. Plus, the last time I saw him on SNL, his voice was horrible. Yesterday, I talked with a friend who went who said his voice was great. After looking at these songs, I'd have to say perhaps we should have forked over the dough. This is a nice slice of musical history.

The letter "B" means Beatle song. "W" means Wings. An asterisk (*) means a song I'm not familiar with.

1. Hello, Goodbye-- B
2. Junior's Farm-- W
3. All My Loving-- B
4. Jet-- W
5. Drive My Car-- B
6. Sing the Changes-- Fireman *
7. The Night Before-- B
8. Let Me Roll It-- W *
9. Foxy Lady-- Jimi Hendrix
10. Paperback Writer-- B

More to Come. --RoadDog


GROANER: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? Frostbite.

1 comment:

Empoprises said...

"Let Me Roll It" was on the "Wings Over America" live album; not sure which studio album originally contained it (probably either Band on the Run or Venus and Mars). Slow rocker with a nice guitar part.