Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

JSS: Grass Clippings-- The Poinsettia and the Honeylocust-- The Cubs' Good, Bad and Ugly

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. GRASS CLIPPINGS-- Yesterday, I was able to get across the street to my neighbor who was bagging his grass clippings and asked for them. I am a big fan of clippings as they make great mulch then break down to enrich the earth. Unfortunately, my lawn tractor has a mulcher, also good, but doesn't provide the clippings.


2. THE POINSETTIA AND THE HONEYLOCUST-- I have a poinsettia plant from two years ago that bloomed this winter. I've never had one do that before. It is now back out on the front porch and looking good.

I have a young sunburst honeylocust coming up in the front yard which I have been cutting around. I like "volunteers" but right now have no idea where to put it. I have to start planning on cutting back on my plants as it is getting too hard to keep up with them.


3. THE CUBS' GOOD, BAD AND UGLY-- It was another Carlos Zambrano implosion and he walked off yesterday. That's the bad and ugly. The guy just can't be a man.

However, on Wednesday, the 10th, the Cubs unveiled a statue of #10, Ron Santo, a man who exhibits all the best there is in baseball and being a person, Hall of Fame or no. That's the GOOD.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTHS: With so much texting these days (I've never done it), was learning to write and spell necessary?

No comments: