Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 5, 2011

When the Comics Play My Life

Enjoyed the July 27th Blondie comic strip.

Blondie and Dagwood are in bed and they are reading books.

FRAME 1-- Dagwood: "This is the most exciting book I've seen in years."
Blondie: "Really...?"

FRAME 2-- Blondie: "Three nights in a row you've fallen asleep before you've turned the first page."

FRAME 3-- Dagwood: "Yes, that's true...but I read the blurbs on the back cover."


If there is a way to get me to fall asleep faster than to crack open a book I sure would like to know it. I've been reading a book on the Beatles' 100 Greatest songs for several months now.

I'm also falling asleep through an interesting book about the USS Bunker Hill and the Kamikaze pilot who crashed into it.

I usually make it through one song (usually 2-3 pages), before it's bedtime for Bonzo.

Both are really good books. But, I just can't stay awake.

Nighty-Night. --RoadDog


GROANER: What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef. (Took me awhile to get this one...I think.)

No comments: