Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 15, 2011

What Were You Doing July 31, 1971-- Part 4

Great Time, great Songs. Thanks, Bob.

THE WASP (TEXAS RADIO AND THE BIG BEAT-- DOORS-- From L.A. Woman
I JUST WANT TO CELEBRATE-- RARE EARTH-- this one was hit-bound. (Blue-eyed Motown?)

(TAKE ME HOME) COUNTRY ROADS-- JOHN DENVER-- (One of my two songs that were constantly in my head at Quantico. Hey, take me home.)
HAD ME A REAL GOOD TIME-- FACES-- From the album released in the spring of 1971, Long Player, featuring a brand new front man by the name of Rod Stewart. (Was he really that shy that he hid behind the speakers when he first performed? I'd say that if he did, he overcame it.)

DON'T TRY TO LAY NO BOOGIE-WOOGIE ON THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL-- LONG JOHN BALDRY-- from his album It Ain't Easy. Side one was produced by Rod Stewart. Side two produced by Elton John. (A real different kind of a song.)
UNCLE ALBERT/ADMIRAL HALSEY-- PAUL McCARTNEY-- the first week of the single debut on Chicago charts from his album Ram.
BACKSEAT OF MY CAR-- PAUL McCARTNEY-- close out his Ram album.

WILD HORSES-- ROLLING STONES-- The second single released from Sticky Fingers. (Not you atypical Stones song.)
GIMME SHELTER-- GRAND FUNK RAILROAD-- From their Survivor album. Their version of a Stones classic. (I had never heard this before. I could tell it wasn't the Rolling Stones, but who were they?)

Coming Up, My Second Marine Corps "Song." --RoadDog


UNIVERSAL TRUTHS: You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you're just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. (Well, now that I'm retired, I know the feeling EVERYDAY.)


No comments: