Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Traveling the Lincoln Highway to Dekalb

February 5th, we checked out of the motel and drove I-74 north to I-80 and took it around eastward to I-88 and took it to Dixon, Illinois where we got off and onto the Lincoln Highway which we took the rest of the way to Dekalb.

We have on more than one occasion not made it to I-88 and headed off to parts unknown.

West of Dixon, I-88 turns into a tollway, but for some reason you can exit at Dixon without paying money.

We were very happy to see a bald eagle flying out in the fields west of Franklin Grove. That sure made our day. We had an excellent lunch at Lincoln Way Cafe in Franklin Grove and I visited the Lincoln Highway Headquarters.

The Beacon Inn in Rochelle is now a Chinese buffet and sadly, they took the lighthouse off the sign out front.

Cruisin' Some Old Two Lane Highways. --RoadDog

No comments: