Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Back in the Meat Cooler

This past Saturday afternoon, I drove to the local Walgreen's and Jewel to do some shopping.  While at Walgreen's I saw the sky to the north and west as dark as I've ever seen it.  I was hoping to make it home and would have, but Jewel was having a sale on their Breyer's Ice Cream and I had a taste for some, so went there.

Just as I checked out, the deluge came (we'd already had two rain showers earlier in the day).  I decided to wait it out inside at the front of the store.  I waited, then waited, then waited some more and it wasn't letting up.  I remembered there was a lady at the back of the store offering wine samples.  Well, I was there and wasn't going anywhere.  Why not sample a bit?

I tried three and bought a bottle of Sparkling Margarita Wine (never heard of that before).  Walking to the front of the store again, I heard the announcement that the tornado sirens had gone off in Spring Grove and all employees and customers were to report immediately to the back of the store.

Once there, we were herded into a huge meat cooler by the butcher area and there we waited several minutes before the store manager apologized for our inconvenience and said we could leave.

I'd never been in that big of a cooler before.

Fun and Games During "SAtorm Season."  --RoadDog

No comments: