Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Every Blooming THing: Late July 2022

Entering prime time for the yard when it comes to color.  Several hundred black-eyed Susans and purple coneflowers are blooming as are hostas, bee balm, day lillies and some of the mums.

Between the heat and blogs, it is hard to get time to work on the yard.  Lots of trimming and weeding to do.  I didn't think it was possible to have so many weed trees growing.  

With a bit of a drought going on, I am able to skip cutting the grass for two weeks at a time.  It is better not to cut your grass during a drought (and really isn't necessary as the grass slows down growing a lot), plus, that saves on that super expensive gas.  (However, I should mention that a drought does not stop weeds from growing.)

Sadly, I have around fifteen milkweed plants that I was hoping would attract monarch butterflies, but have only seen two this year.  Even before the milkweed plants, I used to see several hundred over the course of a summer.  I guess they are right about becoming endangered.  I sure would miss them if that comes to pass.  They sure are beautiful insects. 

Bring Back the Monarchs!!  --RoadArch


No comments: