Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 9, 2024

Interesting Winter So Far and Adios Toby!!

January started off fine, then we had several 5 inch snowfalls and then a big 13-incher.  Unfortunately, I had problems getting the old snowblower (it's about 22 years old) started until the 13-incher, then it really had a hard time coping with all of it.  I did get some of the driveway finished before a really nice neighbor came over and finished it.  Of course, there was also those three days below zero the entire day.

Now, February has been a beaut so far.  Finally, all that snow has melted and the last several days its been 40s and even 50s today.  I was able to open up the house and get some fresh air in it.  Plus, I even had peanuts in the shell our OD (On Deck).  Not too many things finer that peanuts in the shell.

**************************

So sorry to lose one of my all-time favorite country music stars, Toby Keith.  I have most of his CDs and even one on my Ultimate Jukebox.  Who cannot help but sing along with him on "I Love This Bar" and "Red Solo Cup."  And, of course that "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue" pretty well sums up my feeling about 9/11.

I didn't find out about his death until Tuesday afternoon at Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg.  Someone put on a bunch of his songs and we gave him a rousing sendoff.

Sorry 'Bout That Dixie Chicks or Dixies or Whatever You're Calling Yourselves Now.  --RoadDog


No comments: