Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Not Jumping On the Bandwagon, But... Part 1

Things are going a bit crazy 'round here with all this Hawk fever. This past winter, I had several arguments in bars about watching college b-ball are the Blackhawks and usually lost and had to watch hockey.

I am not any sort of a winter sport fan other than college basketball. I tried ice skating once and it wasn't pretty (same with roller skating). Somethings are best that I don't do.

However, this past February, we were in Panama City Beach, Florida (pre-oil slick) during the winter Olympics and ended up watching a real lot of hockey, especially the Canada-US matchups. It was even more fun that we had Canadians there as well so made for some good-natured rivalry.

I figure Canada won the REAL Olympic Gold Medal when their girls beat our girls. I can't consider professionals as Olympians. But, even so, the two matchups between the neighbors was a lot of fun.

Upon returning home, I found myself watching the Blackhawks, even at home on the TV in Margaritaville. And here I have complete control.

The last thing I need to do is to get hooked on something else. I spend way too much time on things (LIKE BLOGS) as it is.

I need to Quit Before I Get Hooked. --RoadDog


I Wonder: How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

No comments: