Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Day of Football and Saufen Und Spiel

Lots of good football games on today. I watched Northwestern beat Illinois State and Georgia unfortunately lose to South Carolina. There will be no joy at my sister's today. Kansas played a great game and upset ranked Georgia Tech.

Right now, I am catching parts of the Michigan-Notre Dame game and Iowa and Iowa State. I like Iowa and am not happy Iowa State neat my Huskies (NIU) last week in an all-Lincoln Highway matchup in Ames, Iowa. Go Hawkeyes.

And speaking of great football, anybody who say the East Carolina-Tulsa game last Sunday saw a great one. By the third quarter it became apparent that whoever had the ball last would win. That score went back and forth the whole game until ECU scored on a 40-yard "Hail Mary" pass as time expired to win. Go you pirates!!

We were joking that ESPN had moved the game from Saturday to Sunday because of Mom's 80th birthday party Saturday.

Then, there was that great Monday night game between Boise State and Virginia Tech, two teams that used to be Mid-Major like NIU (which plays North Dakota today) but both have climbed out of that pack. Once, I had hopes NIU would do that as well, but doubt that will ever happen.

Later, I am going to the Saufen und Spiel's beer and Banjo Night in Johnsburg, Illinois. Saufen und Spiel is like Oktoberfest and honors the towns German heritage. I haven't been to this event before so will check it out.

Football and Oktoberfest. Now That's My Idea of Fall! --RoadDog


MAXINE SAYS: Homemade gifts are the perfect way to say I've got lots more time than money.

No comments: