Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Heading for North Carolina 2010-- Part 2

Just got back on the internet at Mom's house in Goldsboro, North Carolina.

AUGUST 28th-- SATURDAY

I didn't get away from home until a little after noon, even with Liz not going with me. My excuse was yardwork and even had to cut the grass.

Took the usual Il-47 bypass around the Chicago hassle. Took it to close to its southern terminus by I-74 then to Danville. I didn't know it, but US-150 also goes to Danville so got on it. It is aligned with Il-1 (Illinois Highway 1) down to just west of Terre Haute where it crosses over into Indiana.

In Indiana, it joins with US-40 and the National Road. US-150 then goes south on US-41 and is called the Dixie Bee Highway. This is also part of the old Dixie Highway.

Took it to Vincennes where I spent the night and played NTN at my 901st site, the BW3 (Buffalo Wild Wings).

Day One of Trip. --RoadDog

No comments: