Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Goodbye Davy Jones: 11 Essential Tunes-- Part 1

From March 1st Yahoo! "List of the Day Remembering Davy Jones: 11 Essential Tunes."

I'll be doing an entry on my Cooters's History Blog about Davy Jones. We were driving eastward from the Quad Cities listening to a country station when we heard the news of his death. You wouldn't expect to hear that from a country deejay.

Liz and I just looked at each other. Hey, both of us were big Monkees fans, shoot, I liked the Boys Bands from ten years ago. Good music is good music, especially when written by any of the greats. And that is exactly who the Monkees had writing for them.

Along with that great slap-stick, "Hard Day's Night"-like TV show, all those zany activities and them singing one of their songs. It was the Beatles meet Elvis Presley. Back then, it was hard to get to see your favorite bands on TV.

Then, "Daydream Believer" is Liz's all-time favorite song. She says it reminds her of me. (Get big head now.) It is even her ring tone. It always gets a positive reaction when it goes off. I've even heard people start singing. Whenever it comes on the radio or a juke box, Liz grabs for her phone.

"It's Because I'm Short. I Know." --RoadDog

No comments: