Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Every Bloomin' THing-- Early March

Nothing major to report as far as flowers. I've seen some bulbs coming up, though, so it won't be long.

Yesterday, I took delivery on the lawn tractor from Buck brothers who did the tune up and other things to get the John Deere ready for the season. My LX-176 tractor with Piranha deck for mulching is 18 years old now. We moved in during the the winter of 1992 and the whole summer of 1993, I was working on the landscaping so didn't need to cut the grass.

However, the first time I cut grass in the summer of 1994 with the push mower, I knew that wasn't the thing to use to cut an acre and bought the tractor at Schmidt in Wisconsin.

This year, it needed a new battery and a few other things. Came to $306. I didn't have anything done last year.

Speaking of batteries, not only did the tractor not start because of the battery, but the two vehicles I had parked behind it didn't start either. First, the '05 Dodge Dakota in the drive way wouldn't turn over. A quick jump and it did though. Then the '85 Firebird in the garage wouldn't either, but a jump started it right up also.

Was It Something About That Side of the Garage That Hurt the Batteries? --RoadDog

No comments: