Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Not Too Long Ago" By the Uniques-- Part 1


One of the really great songs from the 1960s, unfortunately, one that most people do not know.  Give it a listen on You Tube.  I'd heard it before as a Beach music song.

I noticed it on the March 5, 1965, WLS Silver Dollar Survey where it was at #35.  It was right behind #31 "Go Now" by the Moody Blues, #32 "Orange Blossom Special" by Johnny Cash, #33. "Hurt So Bad" by Little Anthony & the Imperials and #34 "Stranger in Town" by Del Shannon.

I didn't recognize it from the title until I listened to it.  Hey, that's a beach song!!  It is also as good of a 1960s pop song as you're going to get.

From You Tube:  Southern pop quintet that featured later country singer Joe Stampley doing the singing.  Record produce by Dale Hawkins and recorded and the Paula label.  It reached #66 on the Billboard Hot 100 on March 20, 1965.

Hey, I'm a huge Moe and Joe fan.  I didn't know that.

"Now I've Got Tears in My Eyes."  --RoadDog


THE 10 RULES OF LIFE:  Work is good, but it's not that important.  Money is nice, but you can't take it with you.


No comments: