Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Going Back to 1972-- Part 1: "Witchy Woman"

Today's WXRT's Saturday Morning Flashback is going back to the year 1972, my last full year in college.  The first half at University of Georgia in Athens, where I tried to start a colony for my Delta Sigma Phi fraternity, but it ended up as an Acacia chapter.

The second half of the year was at Northern Illinois University in DeKalb where I took nothing but education classes so I could graduate in four years.  As much as I had enjoyed college my first three years, it was now time to get serious about my future.

Anyway, here is a partial list of songs played:

RESPECT YOURSELF--  Staple Singers

FREE FOUR--  Pink Floyd

IKO IKO--  Dr. John

WITCHY WOMAN--  Eagles

ANGEL--  Rod Stewart

THE WHEEL--  Jerry Garcia

SUPERFLY--  Curtis Mayfield

HAPPY--  Rolling Stones

FRANKENSTEIN--  Edgar Winter Group

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Well, I Never Kept A Dollar Past Sunset."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Happy"


No comments: