Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Music Deaths: Tom T. Hall 'The Storyteller'

TOM T. HALL, 85

Died 20 August 2021

Country singer and songwriter.

As a recording artist, placed more than 50 songs on the country charts 1967 to 87, including 21 which became Top Ten hits.

Wrote "Harper Valley PTA" for Jeannie C. Riley" and "Itty Bitty" for Alan Jackson.

Some of his hits:

"(Old Dogs, Children and) Watermelon Wine"

"I Love"

"The Year Clayton Delaney Died"

"I Like Beer"

"That Song Is Driving Me Crazy"

I remember seeing quite a country show back in the early 1980s featuring Tom T. Hall and Bobby Bare.

As a matter of fact, I sang "I Like Beer" just last night at karaoke at Stucky's.

Thanks Tom for all those great songs.


No comments: