Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, April 18, 2022

How I Make These WLS Top 30s

Once a month I list all of the songs on the WLS Survey.  The rest of the month I just list the Top Ten songs and Debuts.

But, once a month I do the Top 30 songs in Chicago and go through an involved process to do the five posts for that week.  The first four are in groups of five and the last one is the Top Ten.

The first thing I do is go to the wlsyear - Oldiesloon site which has all the WLS surveys on it.  I go to the week's survey that I am going to do and then copy all the songs down on a sheet of paper.  I then go to You Tube and start playing them.  I listen to every single song on the list and make comments about the song and also read other people's comments to gather information about the song.

I also look to see if the song was climbing the charts or going down the charts.

Next, I go to my "Top Pop Singles 1955-1993" by Joel Whitburn.  This is where I find out how high the song went on the Billboard Hot 100 National chart.

Then, it's typing away with my two little fingers to make the post.  I do not write much about the Top ten songs since I have already written about it in the previous months.

It is a real trip back, especially listening to the songs.  I know there are some who enjoy trying to figure out the artist for the song I have in the title and then others enjoy trying to figure out what song has the words at the bottom of the post.  Name That Tune.

That's How I Do It.  --RoadMuch


No comments: