Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 25, 2008

Lousy Japanese Beetles

This has to be the worst summer on record for Japanese beetles. I have never seen so many and this year, they have really targeted trees. My two birches, two mountain ashes, and two crab apples are looking very badly with leaves stripped of green and on the ground along with brown leaves remaining.

They are also after quite a few of my bushes and some flowers. They are a real bane and especially a problem this year since I can't get out to kill them either by hand or chemicals.
I should mention that they are attacking trees all over the subdivision and area. They are worse than last year's 17 year cicadas.

I shook some limbs and lots of beetles fell out and those on the concrete got smashed.

They will be continuing the onslaught for another month. Hope the trees and bushes survive.

I REALLY HATE Those Bugs. --RoadDog

No comments: