Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

JSS: Giant Tomato-- Seeing Movies-- Goodbye Pond and Waterfall-- Crummy Weather

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


GIANT TOMATO-- Yesterday, I picked the biggest tomato I've ever grown in the yard. This would fit in both hands. There were also another four that were ripe. Overall, though, tomato production is down this year.


SEEING MOVIES-- With all this crummy weather, I've been seeing lots of movies, seven since Friday: Love Happens, Jennifer's Body, Inglorious Basterds, 9, The Informant, White Out, and All About Steve. Keeping those theatres and film folks in business. All but one of these shows was at the Fox Lake, (Il) Theatre.


GOODBYE POND AND WATERFALL-- I have drained the plastic pond out by the southwest corner of the deck in preparation of removing it and the waterfall. I put them in about 12 years ago, but haven't even hooked the pump up the last several years or even dipping the water out. Believe me, that water was especially nasty.

I did have a couple frogs hanging around and even caught some mallards swimming in it a few times. But since I don't use it (but the mosquitoes sure do), it's time to take it out. I just have to figure out how to fill the hole and landscape it.


CRUMMY WEATHER-- Like I said, the weather has been quite bad since last Thursday, not conducive for boating as it either rains or spends all day threatening to rain. This morning, the fog was intense. Hope to get out on the boat anyway. We still have five more places to visit on the Chain of Lakes before the season ends in 3-4 weeks.

Sure Will Miss That Pond and Waterfall. Anybody Want a Slightly Used One. --RoadDog

No comments: