Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Where Were You September 6, 1969? --Part 2

SOUL SACRIFICE-- SANTANA-- They blew away half a million people just a few weeks ago at Woodstock and now their debut album is out. From San Francisco, California. Closing track.
THE NIGHT TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME-- CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL-- At this time, many of us had the new CCR album in our collections. It's their third album called "Green River, and there's this old blues classic done up CCR-style. (I'd already put my $5 down for the album. One of the Delta Sigs four main albums played at all parties.)

SWEET CAROLINA-- NEIL DIAMOND-- One of his biggest hits to date. ("Sweet Caroline, Dah, dah, dah." Come on and sing the call-and answer.)
WHAT KIND OF FOOL DO YOU THINK I AM-- BILL DEAL & THE RHONDELLS-- They call it Beach Music down in the Carolinas, their third hit in 1969. Originally dome by the Tams in the early 60s. (And I didn't even know it was Beach Music I was listening to in North Carolina back then. I'm a big-time Beach Music fan nowadays.)

GET TOGETHER-- YOUNGBLOODS-- rising up the charts in the Top Ten, a band that relocated from Boston to the west coast. This is Jesse Collin Young and the Youngbloods. (This song pretty well sums up the sixties for me.)
THE SOFT PARADE-- DOORS-- New album "The Soft Parade" at their progressive peak with the title track.

HONKY TONK WOMEN-- ROLLING STONES-- (Always reminds me of cruising down roads around Wayne County, North Carolina on a long trip to that state to visit family. Great use of a cow bell.)
YOU, I-- RUGBYS-- a Canadian band (I consider this one of the great garage rock songs ever.)

More to Come. --RoadDog

No comments: