Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 13, 2012

A Rockin' Valentine's to Be Sure

Yesterday, Bob Stroud devoted his whole Rock and Roll Roots to tomorrow. Every song had the word "Love" in it.

I listened to parts of the show. So these are songs you can play for that special someone tomorrow.

HELLO, I LOVE YOU-- Doors-- My favorite Doors song.
WE LOVE YOU-- Rolling Stones
LOVE POTION #9-- Searchers
PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART-- Jackie DeShannon
SOMEBODY TO LOVE-- Queen

LOOKING FOR LOVE-- J. Geils Band
KEEP YOUR LOVE ALIVE-- Heart
FOR YOUR LOVE-- Yardbirds
FEEL LIKE MAKING LOVE-- Bad Company
HEARD IT IN A LOVE SONG-- Marshal Tucker Band-- Some great country rock. Who'd have though of a flute in a country rock song?

IT'S ONLY LOVE-- Beatles
HIDE YOUR LOVE AWAY-- Beatles
SOMEBODY TO LOVE-- Jefferson Airplane
BABY, I LOVE YOUR WAY-- Peter Frampton
I LOVE YOU-- People

SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE-- Cream
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER-- Stevie Wonder
SAY YOU LOVE ME-- Fleetwood Mac
FOOLED AROUND AND FELL IN LOVE-- Elvin Bishop
LOVE STREET-- Doors

LOVE IS THE DRUG-- Roxy Music
WORDS OF LOVE-- Buddy Holly
LOVE HURTS-- Nazareth
LOVE STINKS-- J. Geils Band-- I had to include this one myself. Kind of went with the previous song.
LOVE IS ALL AROUND-- Troggs

For the full list, go to www.wdrv.com, go to on-air, scroll down to Bob Stroud and over to Rock and Roll Roots.

By the way, tomorrow on Stroud's Ten at Ten, it is all Valentine Songs.

Gimme Big Ol' Kiss. --RoadDog

No comments: