Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 31, 2014

JSS: Werewolves of London-- End of Waukegan Strike-- Boat Out of the Water-- Miserable Halloween Here-- $3 Gas

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1. WEREWOLVES OF LONDON--  I'm listening to one of my Halloween cassette tapes and just heard "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon.  This song now always reminds me of the one that our music teacher made up during the 1994 Round Lake Teacher Strike to "honor" our "illustrious" school board prez.

2.  END OF WAUKEGAN STRIKE--  I was glad to find out yesterday that the Waukegan, Illinois, teacher strike finally ended, after four weeks.  We were planning on walking the line with them yesterday.  This would have been our fourth time out with them.  So much reminded me of our strike exactly 20 years earler.

3.  BOAT OUT OF THE WATER--  Monday, we took our boat out of the water and to the marina for winterizing.  We were able to get out on it 45 times this past season and it should have been a lot more except for all this crummy cold from all this Global ______.

4.  MISERABLE HALLOWEEN HERE--  With 38 degrees for a high, rain and snow as well as 30-40 mph wind.  I tell you, I can't take much more of all this Global ______.  I feel sorry for the Trick-Or-Treaters out tonight.

5.   $3 GAS--  Hard to believe, but gas prices actually dropped to $3 here in northeast Illinois yesterday.  Most will call it $2.99, but at $2.99.9, that' still $3.  It made me excited as I didn't think I'd ever see it that low again.  And I especially hate the GRBs at Big Oil for making me think $3 was CHEAP!!!

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


SAY WHAT?  "That and a quarter will get you a cup of coffee."--  Tell that to Starbucks.

No comments: