Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Shouldn't Have Gone to That Car Show: A '67 Firebird for Sale!!


Yesterday, Monday, September 25, I went over to the final Green Street Car Show in downtown McHenry, Illinois, as the featured cars were Pontiacs, which remains my all-time favorite vehicle.  I have had a '67 Tempest, '67 Firebird convertible, '85 Firebird and two Grand Ams.

My all-time favorite car remains the Firebird, but since Firebirds were phased out and later the whole Pontiac line, I was thinking of getting a Corvette for my next middle (older) age crisis car, until they came out with the new Camaros.  Everyone called the 1967 Firebird a middle age crisis car back in 1987 when I bought it.

But, yesterday, I came across a '67 Firebird that was for sale.  It is not in perfect shape, but definitely good enough for me and a whole lot better shape than the '85 Firebird which we (well, I) still have.  It has a 400 engine and the price is right at $10,000.  Though, it had an 8-track player and I would have to do something to get a cassette/CD player and FM radio.

We have four vehicles right now: '85 Firebird, 2003 Malibu, 2005 Dodge Dakota and 2011 Malibu.  I don't need another vehicle so would have to sell one, maybe two.  All of these we've had since brand new.  We paid cash for all of them as well.

But, I am seriously considering it, but trying to come up with reasons not to buy it.

Somebody Help Me.  --RoadDog

No comments: