Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 4, 2017

WLS Top 40 for September 8, 1967-- Part 1: ""We Love You"


From WLS Oldies Loon and "Joel Whitburn's Top Pop: The Singles 1955-1993"  Billboard.

There were a lot of debuts this week.  Also, I was on You Tube a lot listening to the songs in the survey as there were a lot I never remember hearing and also a lot that you rarely hear anymore.  I liked most of the ones I didn't remember, especially after hearing the song several times.  They just grew on me.

(D)  Debut.  The number after the artist is the highest it got on Billboard's Top 100

40.  GROOVIN'--  Booker T. & the M.G.s   (D)   #21  Putting a blast of soul onto the Young Rascals song.

39.  WE LOVE YOU--  Rolling Stones    (D)   #50  Regardless of what others say, I really liked their "Satanic Majesty's Request" album and that 3-D cover.  Psychedelic, MAN!!

38.  LONELY DRIFTER--  Pieces of Eight   #59  Formerly sung by the O'Jays (#93-1963)  Great Beach Music song.

37.  TAKE ME BACK--  Flock    No rank  Chicago group being pushed by LS.  Started out originally as a rock group, but after 1969 became better known in Chicago for their jazz-rock sound.  If you like horn songs, this one's for you.

36.  A GIRL LIKE YOU--  Young Rascals--    #10  Most of the group were formerly with Joey Dee & the Starliters.

Name That Tune (From the above songs):  "I Don't Know What It's All About But I Feel I'll Soon Find Out."  --Answer below.  --RoadDog

LIFE'S LITTLE TRUTHS:  Life not only begins at forty, it begins to show.

"A Girl Like You"


No comments: