Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

About the Academy Awards: Just Couldn't Handle Those Subtitles


Well,I decided to go ahead and watch the Academy Awards show on Sunday, despite the fact I hadn't seen four of the movies nominated for Best Picture, nor but 2 of 5 Best Directors. one Best Actor, one Best Actress, none of the Best Supporting Actors and 3 of 5 Best Supporting Actress and just one of the five Best Animated Features.

I did not see Best Picture nominees:

The Irishman
Marriage Story
Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood
Parasite.

I wish I had seen "Parasite" as this foreign film did very well, winning Best Picture, Best Director and a whole bunch of others.  I think if they had had best Actors and Actresses as well as supporting ones, they would have won those as well.

And, I had an opportunity to see it this past week at my local theater, but decided against it as it was all subtitled and even a real little bit of those subtitles goes a long way with me.

But generally, I find that all the films nominated for Best Picture are good ones.

Congrats to "Parasite."  Maybe I'll get A  Chance to See It Some Time.  --RoadSite

TAX FACTS:  60% of taxpayers must hire a professional to get through their own return.


No comments: