Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, February 20, 2022

About Last Week: Maxell Cassette Tapes, Alex's Gyros, The Vinyl Frontier Records and the Legion

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8

Went to McHenry, Illinois, and to Meijer and was all too happy to buy two more 5-pack bricks of Maxell cassette tapes for recording purposes.  Yep, I still record on cassettes.  This is one of the few places I know of where I can buy them.

We had plans to eat at our favorite Chinese buffet, the Grand Buffet, and got the door only to find they are closed on Tuesdays.  Disappointed, but I remembered I wanted to go to Alex's on 120 in town because I'd heard they had a great gyro sandwich.  They did.

Then, we went to The Vinyl Frontier on 120, a great mom and pop record store that had just moved in the fall from its long-time store on Riverside Drive.  I bought eight CDs.  

Then, we wanted to go to the PLAV (Polish Legion of American Veterans), but they had too many people so went to the American Legion instead and had a really great time with the folks there and especially enjoyed the $1.50 rum and Cokes during happy hour.

I Was Very Happy.  --RoadDog


No comments: