Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Kora's Retirement


I know of one mighty happy lady today, and that'd be Kora, who has retired after 33 years teaching mostly sixth grade.

I've known her for most of the time, and actually have known her since freshman year at Fremd HS in Palatine, where both of us were in Latin class, yes, they had that subject back in 1965-1966.

Liz got her a sweatshirt with a picture of a pair of flipflops and the caption "Retired with Happy Feet."

Met her at a local restaurant on the Chain of Lakes called Dockers. There were several teachers from her school there.

We had another mark as well. Teachers from my old school were there in force to say goodbye to the principal. You could hear them from aways out.

Just this past May 26th, I was the one celebrating the end of my 33 years of teaching. Could it possibly have been a whole year since I retired? I haven't really accomplished much, but have had a great time doing it. All I can say is that the time went by very fast, just as the last 15 years at school went by.

After Dockers, which was somewhat messed up by a rain squall, we went to the American Legion and celebrated. We had to play Johnny Paycheck's great ode to those of us no longer employed, "Take This Job and Shove It!!!"

Retirement- A Good Thing To Do. --RoadDog

No comments: