Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Doing That Thanksgiving Thing

Had a great family dinner at Mom's place with Bo, Jeff, Gayle, and Samantha from Graham's side of the family. Also, Alex and Annsley (my sister's children), Julie (my sister), my brother Bob and wife Judy, and Mom.

Mom made up a great turkey, Julie crab dip, Gayle macaroni and cheese and collards, and Judy sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie. I didn't make anything, but helped eat it. Ate way too much.

We also were celebrating Julie's 52nd and Bo's 74th birthday.

Earlier, I had gone over to K-Mart which was open, and bought a DVD player for $15 after a $15 rebate. I was shocked to see them asking $10 for a string of clear Italian lights. Mom needed two new strands, but I wasn't going to pay that price. I got two 100-light strands at Walgreen's for $4, much more reasonable.


DID THE SHOPPING THING TODAY

At least it wasn't at 4 AM or some horribly early time. But, we still went out at 10:30 AM. Lots of people out and about for some reason.

Went back to Walgreen's which had cassette bricks of ten for $5 instead of the usual $7. It is getting harder and harder to find cassettes, which I still use for recording. Eventually I am sure I won't be able to find them anywhere. Thanks a lot PROGRESS.

Belks at Berkeley Mall was having some really great sales and I bought quite a few items and an ECU sweatshirt at Penney's.

Had a nice family meal at McCall's out on the US-70 Bypass. It was buffet, but I concentrated on BBQ and cole slaw as well as the Calabash shrimp.

The Way to Spend a Thanksgiving. --RoadDog

No comments: