Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, November 17, 2008

Tenth Anniversary of Dad's Death-- November 16, 1998

Hard to believe that Dad has been gone for ten years as of yesterday. Seems like just a few years. I was really hoping that I'd be able to spend more time with him now that I am retired, but that was not to be.

East Carolina University lost one of its greatest fans and he still has a scholarship in the business school. A child of the depression, he was always mindful of his money.

And, Dad loved working in his yard and playing the stock market. I guess he wouldn't be so fond of it now.

Then there were those great stories he would tell. I sure wish I could reel them off like he did.

I can still see him sitting out on that sun porch.

I'll be visiting his grave next week.

While I was visiting Mom this past April, she showed me a manuscript Dad had typed which I imagine was part of a job application. I put it on another blog of mine, http;//cootershistorything.blogspot.com. Go to April 7, 2008. It is in three parts.

Interesting reading. My Dad was quite the go-getter.

Sure Glad I Had Him as My Father.

1 comment:

Mom to 2 Angels said...

It is hard to believe it has been 10 years. Thanks for posting it on your blog. Andy