Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

JSS: Christmas Decs-- Bears-Packer Party Sunday-- No More Ugly Static-- Cleaning the Basement-- NIU Football On TV Again

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. CHRISTMAS DECS-- Cold today, but sunny, so will brave the frozen tundra and start putting up the outside Christmas decorations. I'll be leaving town for awhile Friday and would like to have them up by Thanksgiving. Smattering of snow last night, but no accululation. Not much fun putting decs up with snow around.

2. BEARS-PACKER PARTY SUNDAY-- Sunday, we had about 17 people over for the Bear-Packer game. Absolutely horrible game for us Bears fans. Talk about not bothering to show up!! Still, had our "juice," mostly of the rally variety. Then played Name That Tune afterwards.

3. NO MORE UGLY STATIC-- Last week, I was messing around with the corner TV in Margaritaville. This last June, lightning knocked out the VCR and I finally got around to putting the new DVD/VCR in a couple months ago. Ever since, there has been REALLY annoying static whenever the screen was really white or there were letters or numbers show. That is a bad combination for an athletic contest.

I was thinking perhaps I needed a new DVD or TV, but checked all the wires and connections. Still had static. I even tried new cords. Static.
Accidentally hit the menu for the new DVD/VCR and found that the problem was that I was set on Channel 3 and it needed to be Channel 4. Works great now.

Some might consider this a "Duh." But, in my defense, I JUST DIDN'T KNOW.

4. CLEANING THE BASEMENT-- One other good thing about the Bear-Packer party, it got me to clean up the basement for the first time in months. I was shocked to see there was actually a bar top. The big problem now is that I don't know where a lot of stuff is. It may have been messy before, but at least I had a reasonable idea where things were.

5. NIU FOOTBALL ON TV AGAIN-- The Northern Huskies will be on ESPN2 again for the third week in a row. Whatever happened to Saturday college football. Let's hope we do better against Kent State tonight than we did against Ball State (blowout) and Central Michigan (blowout-comeback-loss in overtime).

Just Some Thoughts-- RoadDog

Questions for retired Folks-- How many days in a week? Answer-- Seven. 6 Saturdays and a Sunday.

No comments: