Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's Them, Not Me: Fred Basset-- The Gov's Load-- New Illinois Motto-- The Gov Speaks

Don't It Just Burn Ya!!!


1. The Dec. 12th Fred Basset comic strip was pretty good. You see Fred tied up outside a store with "No Dogs" on it as well as a "No Smoking" sign. A guy is leaning up against the window smoking a pipe and Fred says, "We're a couple outcasts."


2. THE GOV'S LOAD-- Columnist McCaleb in the Dec. 19th Northwest Herald: "Mother nature dumped a lot of snow on us early Friday (no kidding, about 12 inches), Later on in the day, Governor Rod Blagojevich dumped a load on us of a completely different nature.

As much as I hate shoveling, I think I prefer the snow to what the governor gave us.



3. NEW ILLINOIS MOTTO-- Forget the "Land of Lincoln." The new one should read, "Illinois, Where Our Governors Make License Plates."



4. THE GOV SPEAKS-- As mentioned earlier, Friday, the governor held a news conference and said he'd done nothing wrong and won't resign: "I will fight! I will fight! I will fight until my last breath. And, I'm not going to quit a job that people hired me to do because of false accusations and a political lynch mob. I am dying to answer these charges. I am dying to show you how innocent I am."

Load Out!!

Don't Look Back, They May Be Gaining on You!! --RoadDog

No comments: