Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

JSS: Is Anybody Going to Win?-- 100th NTN Site-- House of Gerhard-- Mary Ann Gerlach's Wake-- Christmas Lights

Just Some Stuff.


1. IS ANYBODY GOING TO WIN?-- Yesterday, both NC State and Northwestern lost their bowl games. Is any one that I back going to win a game this bowl season? Come On!! It seems that if I like the team, they're done for. I'm not saying who I'm pulling for the rest of the way.


2. 100TH NTN SITE-- Drove to Kenosha, Wisconsin, yesterday and played NTN at my 100th new site this year, Big Shots. That is a lot of sites in a year. Whenever Liz and I travel, we try to stop at places to play the game. It was my 709th place overall.


3. HOUSE OF GERHARD-- After NTN, we drove the short distance to a German restaurant and had one of the best meals ever. I got the German combo with beef, a sausage, and one of the best smoked pork chops I've ever tasted. It came with potatoes (we had spaetzle) and soup or salad. We especially enjoyed what they called House Appetizers of mini muffins, rolls, liver pate, toasted garlic bread pieces, and kidney bean salad. It cost $19.


4. MARY ANN GERLACH'S WAKE-- Sadly, the reason for going to Kenosha was for the wake of Mary Ann Gerlach, the wife of Paul, with whom I taught for 30 years at Magee. I have never seen so many people at a wake. We had to wait over an hour to pay our respects. We did get to see some friends including the Evans, Dawsons, Rohlwings, Eakers, Babiaks and several other Magee teachers. Unfortunately, we are getting to that age when we will be seeing each other often at wakes and funerals.

Mary was born October 19, 1946 and a graduate of UW-Whitewater and marrieed Paul in 1977. She taught for 37 years after beginning her teaching career in Fort Atkinson in 1969.


5. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS-- On the way home, we saw some really nice Christmas displays, including the one by Breezy Hill Nursery in Wisconsin Hwy-50, and one very impressive one off Wilmot Road in Spring Grove, Illinois.


Now You Know. --RoadDog

No comments: