Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 19, 2008

JSS: Lake Geneva-- Technology 1 Dog 0-- Da Birds-- Da Loss-- Da Pear Trees

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. LAKE GENEVA-- We took Kora to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, for a late birthday lunch at Popeye's overlooking the lake. Great food as usual. Kip and Susie joined us. Afterwards we drove over to Grand Geneva which puts on a great "Christmas in the Country" light show on the grounds and go over the top for decorations inside. There were some unbelievable gingerbread house creations. Enjoyed sipping Cokes by the fireside.


2. TECHNOLOGY 1 DOG 0-- Went to the Wal Mart in Lake Geneva to get a replacement pedal for the stationary bike. Found one, but all the checkout lanes were busy so figured to try the self-checkout line. Just my luck to get behind a girl with lots and lots and lots of stuff. I waited patiently, then, when I ran the old card through , it declined it. The employee stationed there to help said, "Hey, it didn't take your card." No kidding.

Went to a regular checkout line and got behind another lady with lots of stuff, but finally got to make my purchase after about ten minutes of waiting to spend my money.

Thanks a lot Wal-Mart.


3. DA BIRDS-- Between clearing snow off the driveway today, the yard was over run with cardinals and chickadees who were after the seeds left on the wildflowers and trees. I got some great video of the cardinals. All that red against the white snow was something. However, the party was broken up when a hawk swooped down on one unfortunate bird. Rotten hawk!!!


4. DA LOSS-- Yesterday, we had the $1 bottles of beer and $1 burgers at Mar's in Wilmot and then went to Donovan's to play NTN and I was in the final four championship round of the NTN tournament. I won the first round and led the championship one until the very last question when Alfons beat me. Too bad for me it was a movie question, something that he excells in and I stink at. So, he won the $50 and I settled for $10. Nice going there, Alfons!!!


5. DA PEAR TREES-- Tried singing the 12 Days of Christmas driving along the long road up to the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva Wednesday. Didn't do well despite the lighted displays. That is TOO much to remember.

There's a Partridge in a pear tree which is easy to remember. Speaking of pear trees. My Bradford pear trees, all three of them, still have their leaves. You'd think by now they would have dropped.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: