Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Typical Nasty Weather-- Part 3

Snowing AGAIN!! Enough said!!

Yesterday, I went to the local mechanic at Five Star, and Ralph plugged a computer in and found the engine light was because of a brake light switch that was probably activated by the rocking back and forth to get the truck out of the snowdrift on Sunday. He fixed it and NO CHARGE. Nice guy and Merry Christmas.

Bitterly cold again. My fingers were really yelping after I got in from clearing the drifts off the driveway the first time. Felt I was going to freeze walking the distance from where I parked to the McHenry Indoor Theater. Same with the walk from there to Bambino's to play NTN (and THEY were closed, thanks a lot).

I've been shopping on Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving and today I saw easily as many folks out and about. I imagine a lot of them were there because of the lousy weather keeping people in. We lost Friday, most of Saturday, and Sunday to the bad stuff. And now we have the snow today which will be continuing through Christmas Day.

Lately, when the weather folk predict snow and cold, they are right on the mark.

I have to mix oil with my gas in the snow blower and already this month, I've almost finished a gallon. Last year I ended up using a gallon and a half.

Let Me Out, I've Had Enough. --RoadDog

No comments: