Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 8, 2009

JSS: Big BBs-- Daisy a Day-- A Lilac Time Was Had By All-- Phloxing the Old Garden-- Iris You'd Seen It

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.


1. BIG BBS-- For some reason, I have the biggest bumble bees I've ever seen in the garden this year. It is a wonder they can fly. Sure hope I don't get stung by one of those big boys.

2. DAISY A DAY-- The flower beds are a brilliant white with hundreds of the shasta daisies (I think that's what they're called) blooming all over. And I probably only have half of what I used to have.

3. A LILAC TIME WAS HAD BY ALL-- Reaching the last phase of lilac bloom. I had the early purple ones and the Miss Kim lilacs are just ending their bloom period. The Japanese lilacs have just started.

4. PHLOXING THE OLD GARDEN-- First they were creeping all over the place. Now they are wild and tall. I've had my lavender, white, and red creepers. Now, it's the turn of the tall wild ones.

5. IRIS YOU'D SEEN IT-- The iris are reaching the end of their run, unfortunately.

Out and About in the Yard. --RoadDog

No comments: