Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Where Were You June 7, 1969? --Part 3

More songs from Bob Stroud's Time Warp in your radio. I have more music than I can possibly play from this date, but I am going to do my best to get in the essentials. (Yeah, Go Bob!!)

GOOD MORNING STARSHINE-- OLIVER-- (From "Hair?")
BLUEBIRDS OVER THE MOUNTAINS-- BEACH BOYS-- The new Beach Boys album "20/20" was out, and on it, a cover version of an old Rockabilly hit by Ursell Hickey. (Hadn't heard this one before. That name would fit right in with "My Name is Earl." Could be Randy's long-lost half brother.)

THESE EYES-- GUESS WHO-- Maybe you were like me and found something in "These Eyes" that made you want to buy their first RCA Victor album which was "Wheatfield Soul" which had been out a couple months now. (Blue-Eyed Soul)
LIGHTFOOT-- GUESS WHO-- On their first album, a tribute to fellow Canadian artist Gordon Lightfoot, one of many hits from the album. (Burton Cummings out front. Great stuff. I especially liked Lightfoot's "If You Can Read My Mind.")

BAD MOON RISING-- CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL-- CCR's Top Ten tune. The "A" side. The "B" side was a hit too, "Lodi." (CCR has to be my all-time favorite group, the only one I immediately bought every album as it was released and 45 as well. The old "Bathroom on the Right" is my ringtone. My college fraternity, Delta Sigma Phi had our fight song, "The Buffalo" based on this tune. Every party, we'd have to sing it at least once." I have all CCR albums and John Fogerty as well.)

LET ME-- PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS-- current release, included in Rock and Roll Roots Vol. 2 compilation. (Good rocking rock and roll.)

So, What Were You Doing June 7, 1969? --RoadDog

No comments: