Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Lousy Japanese Beetles

Even if I do say so, the yard is ablaze with color from one end to the other. Helps make up for the leaves of the plum bushes, burning bushes, apple tree, weeping cherry, golden raintree, crabapples, mountain ashes, and birches that the lousy Japanese beetles love to munch on so much.

I do a "beetle sweep" at least twice a day. Many of them have died while gorging or procreating. At least they had "smiles" on their little buggy faces. Actually, they're easy to catch while procreating as it takes a little while to get "unhooked" as it were.

Best times to get 'em or early in the morning or late in the evening when they are more sluggish.

I smash them between my fingers or on my palm or drop them into a bucket of soapy water.

I propose sending the Japanese our mosquitoes in trade for their wonderful export.

The Only Good Japanese Beetle is a Dead Japanese Beetle. --RoadDog

No comments: