Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

OK, a Partial Cheesehead, Then

This last Thursday, I went with Kip and his wife Susie, and Paul, to Green Bay, Wisconsin, for the annual shareholders meeting at Lambeau Field. Kip owns one whole share of Green Bay Packer stock. He is, how shall I put it, a rabid Packer fan.

I, myself, now back the Pack, UNLESS they're playing Da Bears. I used to be among the many folks around here who absolutely hate all things Packers, but during the Magic Man season of 1989, we happened to be in Wisconsin a lot for games, and I eventually became a Packer Backer. Liz always has been one, since her dad was from Green bay.

This was a long drive, and I had to get up at the ungodly 4 AM hour to go to Kip's for the drive. We had to be there at 10 AM.

We drove past the packed grounds of the EAA in Oshkosh. I've never seen so many tents and RVs in one place.

I'd say Lambeau was almost one-fourths full. You had to have a ticket to get in. Unfortunately, it was raining off and on, and we had to sit outside.

The Packers are doing alright financially, but had to overcome three major problems last year: 1. Brett's retirement (or was it?); 2. the economy; 3) the 6-10 season.

Kip personally attempted to bail out Green Bay's economy in the various Packer stores we went to. We had a huge brat and some of the best-ever fries at the Stadium View Bar and Grille, before driving back.

I'd say we put on close to 450 miles that day.

Da Pack. --RoadDog

No comments: