Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Am I Getting That Old? Nine of 152

Back at the beginning of the month, Chicago hosted the huge rock and pop festival Lollapalooza August 6-8th.

After reading the bands that were appearing, I have to say I am quite a ways out of the loop as there were only a few that I recognized. And those were mostly the older acts.

The list of who I recognized:

FRIDAY:

Mavis Staples, Drive-By Truckers, Jimmy Cliff and Lady Gaga (the second and last being new performers. Jimmy Cliff, of course a fantastic reggae performer whose music from the movie "The Harder They Fall" introduced most of us to that kind of music.


SATURDAY:

Blues Traveler, Social Distortion, Green Day.


SYNDAY:

Soundgarden.

That makes a total of nine artists out if 152 that I knew.

Must Be Gettin' Old. --RoadDog


DIDJA HEAR? When a clock is hungry, it goes back for seconds. That's so groan.

No comments: