Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hot Enough For Ya?

We have a heat advisory in effect until Friday with highs of 92 degrees both days. In addition, it is very humid with heat indexes between 100 and 105 both days. It is SO HOT, I have curtailed my outside wanderings. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a breeze, but usually there is no air movement. It's the type of day where you sweat when you're outside even if you are sitting still.

If there were a breeze, I wouldn't mind going out, regardless of the heat.

We didn't go out on the boat yesterday or the day before, but I'm thinking of going out later this morning. I just have to get out on the boat some.

Maybe old Uncle Al was right. At least he got rich off all his dire predictions.

THEM SKEETERS

Of course, another reason I'm spending more time inside is the bumper crop of mosquitoes we have this summer because of all of that rain earlier on. Wherever you go, clouds of the blood-sucking varmints rise up to greet you.

Yesterday morning, I was chased off the front porch by them. It was no fun drinking my coffee and forget reading the paper. Read, read, swat, read, swat and repeat as needed.

Is there anything as worthless-to-exist as mosquitoes, oh yes, Japanese beetles, but at least they haven't been bad this year.

And, I Like to Be OUTSIDE During the Summer. --RoadDog


DIDJA HEAR? In a democracy, your vote counts. In feudalism, your count votes. Your history lesson for today.

No comments: