Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 29, 2012

JSIS: Buffett-- No Turkey Legs-- No More "Hell"-- No More Vocational Ed

JSIS--  Just Some Interesting Stuff


1.  BUFFETT--  Parrotheads here in te Midwest are pretty happy Jimmy Buffett is returning to the Tinley Park, Ill., amphitheater after being at Toyota Park since 2008.  They're getting ready for tailgating and partying.  He performed there from 1995 to 2007 and the village even has a Caribbean Beach Block Party celebration every year.

Liz and I are BIG JB fans, but haven't been to one of his concerts since the late 80s when we used to see him at Milwaukee's Summerfest.  I do have probably every one of his albums on either vinyl or CD.


2.  NO MORE TURKEY LEGS--  I see that there will be none of those huge bbq turkey legs at this year's Taste of Chicago.  Tim McGivern, the Man Behind the Drumstick, since the earliest Tastes in 1981 is sitting this one out for health issues.  Oh well, we don't go to the Taste anyway.  But, I do love one of those big ol' legs.


3.  NO MORE "HELL"--   I see that Matt Groening is ending his "Life in Hell" comic strip after the 1,669th one.  It started in the late 70s and was popular among alternative news-weeklies.  But, declining syndication money has brought it to this.  I rarely had the opportunity to read it so wasn't much of a fan.  However, I am a big fan of another of Groening's works, "The Simpsons."  I wasn't until about six years ago, however.  I was a teacher and then there was Bart.


4.  NO MORE VOCATIONAL ED--  Time Magazine ran an article on the loss of vocational ed classes at public schools.  I always thought that was a big problem losing these programs because not every kid should be going to college and there is big bucks to be earned in vocational fields such as electricians, plumbers and mechanics.

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog

No comments: