Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Them, Not Me: OK, Who Passed the Gas!!!

From the October 11, 2012, "Who Knew?  Gas Prices Around the World."

Obviously, Americans are complaining about these ridiculously high gas prices.  I know here in the Chicagoland area, we are really mad about California passing us for most expensive gas.  After all, you always want to be #1 at something and our baseball teams definitely aren't.

I understand gas in San Diego is $4.73 and some folks are even crossing over to Mexico to get cheaper gas.

Some prices here in northeast Illinois:  Fox Lake:  $3.90, Richmond $3.90, Lake Geneva, Wi. $3.78 and Twin Lakes, Wi. $3.80.

But, in other countries, you can expect to pay even more.  In Norway, a gallon of premium will set you back $10.  In Japan $7.50.  In England $8. And in Canada $5.50

The poor folks in Venezuela, Chavez Land, pay a whopping 18 cents!!!  I feel for them.

Gas prices in the U.S. would even be higher except for a government $14.2 billion subsidy to keep prices lower.

I know I'm not getting rich off these gas prices.  I wonder who is getting rich?

I Don't Think It's Working.  --RoadDog

No comments: