Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

JSS: Cousin Joe-- Clean Up-- The "Dragon Plant"

JSS--  Just Some Stuff


1.  COUSIN JOE--  Arrived at midnight last night on his way to South Dakota to interview for a job and will be staying here today.  Good to have him come for a visit.  The last time he made it "up here" was back in 1973, when he hitchhiked from North Carolina and was the only one from my side of the family, other than immediate family, to make it.


2.  CLEAN UP--  Joe's coming got me to cleaning up areas that I otherwise let go, including the sunroom which very badly needed it.  Another factor driving a sunroom cleanup was that it is becoming necessary  to move the plants inside that summer it outside on the deck.  We had a freeze forecast last night, but I don't think we got it.


3.  THE "DRAGON PLANT"--  The really pressing reason for the sunroom cleanup.  None of the ones I brought in yesterday would survive a freeze or frost, especially the 30 year-old "Dragon Plant" as Liz calls it.  It has pointy leaves that stick her every time she walks by it.

It is huge and I have to use a cart to move it.  It has outgrown the sunroom, but I can't just let it die.  I sure wish I could find someone to take it.

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


WHICH CAME FIRST?  Adhesive Postage Stamp, Ballpoint Pen, Carbon Paper, Adhesive Tape

No comments: