Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

We Got the "Better" News

Yesterday, I saw that the death toll from that Moore, Oklahoma, tornado had been dropped from 51 to 24.  That evening of the tornado, it was expected to rise a whole lot more, some even estimating several hundred fatalities.  Viewing the destruction, I would have to agree.  Still sorry for the 24 deaths.

An additional 240 are injured.

I watched that touching TV interview with the old woman standing in the midst of the rubble of what used to be her home, saying that she had lost her dog and he was surely somewhere in the ruins.  A minute later, they found that dog.  I want to tell you that that brought a tear to my eye.

Then, there was that remarkable video of the tornado taken from the car.  I know that if it had been me, I would have liked to have taken it, but doubt that I would have witnesing that tornado.

Better Than Expected. 

No comments: